Do You Have Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal Fatigue is a condition characterized by prolonged fatigue that is not relieved by rest, inability to cope with stress, problematic weight control, sleep difficulties and a constant feeling of unwellness. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), including acupuncture and herbal medicine, is excellent at guiding the body back to optimal adrenal health; there are also things you can do to help.
Signs of Adrenal Fatigue
• Unexplained fatigue
• Waking up tired despite regularly getting a full night sleep
• Irritable temper
• Lack of energy throughout the day
• Dependance on coffee, energy drinks and/or other stimulants to get through the day
• Lowered sex drive
• Difficulty recovering from illnesses
• Craving for sweet or salty foods
What you can do to combat Adrenal Fatigue
• Balance work and play: if you work hard, take time to relax and do the things you enjoy.
• Get regular sleep: sleep is as important to your health as good diet and exercise. The 8 hour cycle from around 10pm to 6am is ideal.
• Eat plenty of vegetables, preferably organic, as they contain less chemicals for your body to process.
• Stay well hydrated: water and vegetable juices are best.
• Avoid caffeine and sugar: if you experience sugar cravings, increase your intake of protein and healthy fats throughout the day to keep blood sugar stable. A handful of almonds or walnuts makes a great snack.
• Seek treatment and support from a NCCAOM board certified licensed Acupuncturist